The Liftmaster 877MAX is compatible with Garage Door Openers that operate on 315 MHZ or 390 MHZ
that were manufactured after January 1, 1993. Your garage door opener will need to have a functioning
lightbulb for program as the light is a programming indicator.
Before you start you will need to locate the learn button on the operator motor. If you have problems
locating the learn button refer to the user’s manual for your garage door opener.
1. On the keypad press and hold the # and * buttons until the keypad lights stop flashing.
2. Press and release the Learn Button on the garage door opener motor. (*note: you will have 30
seconds to complete the programming)
3. On the keypad enter a 4 digit PIN of your choosing.
4. On the keypad press and release the enter button. Watch the light bulb on the opener if it
flashed your programming has been accepted. If the light bulb on the opener does not flash
slowly press and release the enter button until the bulb on the opener flashes.
5. When the lightbulb on the opener flashes on the keypad press the “0” numbered key to
6. Testing the keypad: on the keypad enter your PIN and press the “Enter” button. The garage door
should open/close. If the garage door does not open/close repeat the programming steps
To program the Liftmaster 877 MAX to operate more than one garage door opener, repeat the steps
above using as different PIN for each garage door opener to be programmed.
Programming a Temporary PIN:
1. On the keypad enter any programmed PIN then press and hold the * button until the light on
the garage door opener flashes 3 times.
2. On the keypad enter the temporary PIN of your choice and then press enter. The lightbulb on
the opener will flash 4 times.
3. On the key pad enter the number of hours you want the temporary PIN to work for up to 225,
then press the * button. The opener light should flash 1 time.
4. Or, on the keypad enter the number of times the garage door can open up to 225, then press
the # button. The opener light should flash 1 time.
Changing your PIN:
1. On the keypad enter the programmed PIN you wish to change.
2. Press and hold the # button until the opener light flashes 2 times.
3. On the keypad enter the new 4 digit PIN you chose and then press enter. The opener light will
flash 1 time.
4. Testing the new PIN: On the keypad enter the new PIN and then press enter. The garage door
If the new PIN does not work repeat the steps listed above again.