When installing the Aladdin Connect you will first need to install the Door Control Module in a location
close to the Wi-Fi router and plug the Door Control Module into a wall outlet using the power pack. Next
you will need to visit www.geniecompany.com/aladdinconnect to set up the Aladdin Connect Device.
Follow the on screen instructions to create an account and program the system before wiring in the
garage. There will be an installation prompt to disconnect the power pack and move the system to the
garage for final installation.
In the Garage
1. Plug the Power Pack into a wall outlet and the Door Control Module near the location you want
to mount it.
The Wi-Fi signal indicator light should illuminate indicating the Wi-Fi signal is present. A Green LED light
indicates a strong signal, Yellow indicates a weak signal and RED indicates no signal. Locate an area that
allows optimal Wi-Fi signal. (Wi-Fi range extender may be needed to obtain optimal signal).
2. Once a location with optimal signal is located, unplug the Power Pack from the Door Control
Module and proceed to the next step.
Make sure the garage door opener is unplugged.
3. Split the provided two strand wire about 2” inches then strip about ½” inch of insulation from
4. On the back of the Door Control Module press down the orange tabs and insert the wires into
the connection ports for Door 1.
5. The other end of the wire can connect directly to the back of the garage door opener using the
same connections as the wall button or can be connected to the back of the wall button again
connecting with the wires that connect the wall button to the opener motor.
6. Mount the Door Control Module in the location chosen to receive optimal Wi-Fi signal using the
mounting bracket and hardware.
7. Plug the Power Pack into the wall outlet.
8. Plug Power pack into the back of the Door Control Module.
9. Attach the Door Control Module to the mounting bracket.
10. Run the wires and attach wires with staples.
11. Apply the warning sticker by the wall button to alert that the door will operate remotely.
12. Mount the Door Position Sensor to the reinforced end stile at either the left or right side under
the top hinge.
13. Use the provided double side tape to hold the mounting bracket in place while you pre-drill 2 –
3/32 holes. Do not drill all the way through the door.
14. Use the provided self-tapping screws to mount the Door Position Sensor bracket top door panel
15. Slide the Door Position Sensor onto mounting bracket until it snaps into place.
16. Plug garage door opener into wall plug to restore power.
17. You will now complete the online programming following the on screen instructions to complete
set up and test the Aladdin Connect system.
Compatible with the following brands:
Linear – LDCO800, LCO75, LCO50, LDP50, LDO3
Marantec – All Models
Wayne Dalton – 3222C, 3224C, 3320B, 3322B, 3322B, 3324B, 3212, 3213, 3312, 3313, 3412, 3012, 3016,
3512, 3014, 3018, 3018DLX, 3514, 3314, 3414, 3220C
Stanley – All Models
Chamberlain – If antenna’s color is purple unit is not compatible
Craftsman – If antenna’s color is purple unit is not compatible