**Home Link is working with Harley Davidson and in the future hopes to have Home Link available on
Harley Davidson Motorcycles**.
Currently, there is an external Harley Davidson receiver that wires directly
into the back of the garage door opener motor and a Harley Davidson transmitter that has to be wired
into the Harley Davidson Motorcycle HI beam and LO beam headlight system wire harness. These
products can be purchased from Harley Davidson.
Listed below are the steps for attaching the Harley Davidson Garage Door Remote Control Receiver to
the garage door opener motor. The Harley Davidson Remote Control Transmitter is wired directly into
the HI beam and LO beam switch wire harness of the motorcycle. The procedure is different for each
model Harley Davidson Motorcycle and must be wired in correctly for the system to function. It is
recommended that a Harley Davidson Certified Mechanic wire in the transmitter.
Installing the Harley Davidson Remote Control Garage Door Receiver
1. Unplug the garage door opener from the electrical outlet.
2. Locate the door activation terminals on the garage door opener motor. These terminals will be
the same ones the wires for the wall button are attached to.
3. Attached the stripped ends of the Harley Davidson Receiver Cable Assembly along with the
wires for the wall button to the door activation terminals.
4. Attach the other end of the Harley Davidson Receiver Cable Assembly Plug into the back of the
Harley Davidson Receiver.
5. Plug the garage door opener into the 110 volt wall plug.
6. Plug the Harley Davidson Receiver into a 110 volt wall plug. The red LED light on the Harley
Davidson Receiver should be on, indicating the unit has power to it.
7. Press the wall button to test that the garage door opens and closes.
Programming the Harley Davidson Transmitter to the Harley Davidson Receiver
1. Make sure the red LED light on the Harley Davidson Receiver is on, indicating there is power to
2. Have another person press and hold the “SET” button on the Harley Davidson Garage Door
Opener Receiver. The LED light on the Harley Davidson Transmitter mounted to the vehicle
should flash constantly while the “SET” button on the Harley Davidson Receiver is being held
3. Turn the ignition switch on the vehicle to the “ON” position, but do not start the vehicle.
Operate the headlight beam switch using one of the two listed sequences:
Headlight in LO beam, switch to “HI” beam. Switch to “LO” beam.
Headlight in “HI” beam, switch to “LO” beam. Switch to “HI” beam.
When the Harley Davidson Garage Door Opener Receiver accepts and learns the signal from the
Harley Davidson Garage Door Opener Transmitter, the LED light on the Harley Davidson Garage
Door Opener Transmitter goes off.
4. Release the “SET” button on the Harley Davidson Garage Door Opener Receiver.
5. Test the garage door opener, and the headlight “LO” beam and “HI” beam operation.
Harley Davidson Motorcycle Models:
Dana, Hugger, Softail, Sportster, Trike, Touring, Street, V-Rod,
Contact Veteran garage door for same day garage door repair in Mesquite TX